We Are Hiring
Medical Coder - Magnetic Resonance Img Amb
Part-Time,Day: 8:30a - 5p on average 3 days per week
Ascension Genesys MRI Center - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to apply the appropriate diagnostic and procedural code to patient health records for purposes of document retrieval, analysis and claim processing.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records. Assigns the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) or Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes, creating Ambulatory Patient Classification (APC) or Diagnosis-Related Group (DRG) assignments.
- Obtains acceptable productivity/quality rates as defined per coding policy.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- Conducts chart audits for physician documentation requirements & internal coding; provides associate/physician & education as appropriate.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- High school diploma or GED required
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) - preferred
- None required.
- 3+ years as medical Coder preferred
- Experience in Radiology/MRI coding preferred
- Vast knowledge of: ICD-10, CPT codes, HCPCS codes - preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.