This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
St. Joseph Place (formerly known as Villa St. Joseph), an Ascension Living community, is seeking qualified candidates to join our Nursing team as an LPN Charge Nurse.
If you have a passion for providing care to those who need it - JOIN US!
- Part-Time or PRN: 7:00pm - 7:00am
EVERY OTHER WEEKEND ROTATION REQUIRED FOR PART-TIME
Why Join Ascension?
Our skilled nursing community is conveniently located just across the street from Town Center Plaza in Overland Park, Kansas. When additional therapy is needed after surgery, illness or hospital stay, we provide rehabilitation and short-term care; we also offer long-term care for residents who need a higher level of assistance in dealing with an ongoing illness, chronic medical condition or disability.
Apply on-line or in person at our located at 11901 Rosewood, Overland Park, KS 66209.
- Benefits Effective Within First 30 Days!
- Very Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - with discounts available based on income!
- Work for a faith based organization
- Competitive Wages
- Start earning PTO on first day!
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidentally Death/Dismemberment Insurance
- Retirement Plan with employer match (up to 4%)
- Tuition Reimbursement
What You Will Do
- Performs delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Anticipates, recognizes, reports and responds to changes in resident/patient condition.
- Implements interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent.
- Assists residents and families with care planning, education and referrals.
- Follows regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood.
- Provides support with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Valid license as a practical or vocational nurse in the state in which employed required
- CPR certification preferred for Assisted Living; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment
Education / Experience:
- Completion of an accredited LPN program
- A minimum of one year experience as an LPN preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Possesses working knowledge of State and Federal regulations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)