We Are Hiring
Department: Medxcel FM IT
Reports to: IS Delivery Manager
Employee Type: Full Time
Location: Preferred on-site in Indianapolis, Indiana
Relocation options: Yes
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecurity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
What You Will Do
The Data Engineer 1 develops database architectures to address business requirements, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability. The focus of this role would be on the development side with main emphasis on the concepts of efficiently designing and implementation of our cloud-based Enterprise Data Lake. Work with Enterprise/Solution Architects to create/implement plans to improve existing data models and structure the tables with the design pattern that will help the system for improved performance. Generally, has in-depth knowledge and expertise of database technologies, along with solid programming, design and system analysis skills. Willingness to learn new technologies that can help improve the current system.
- Design and implement database structures for Microsoft Azure Systems
- Design and implement ETL and ELT process to consolidate data across multiple systems
- Design and implement APIs, services, data transfers to internal and external systems
- Identify and resolve performance and security issues relating to data access and maintenance
- Define and enforce data design, security and performance standards
- Understand and contribute to a corporate data model and overall data governance
- Communicate with application, back-office and external customer teams regarding data requirements, standards, performance and access
- Define and follow best practices for a full software development lifecycle involving data and database code.
- Define and perform unit testing of database code
- Contribute to the analysis and remediation of system behavior using tools like Azure Log Analytics to understand application and process bottlenecks
- Perform code reviews and audits of application team’s database code to ensure compliance with established best practices.
- Contribute to new technology evaluations and recommended usage
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years’ experience with (SQL Server 2012+, Azure SQL Server)
- 2+ years of data sourcing and ETL, database development, complex report development, or similar
- Experience with ETL, ELT, Replication (SSIS, Data Bricks, Data Factory)
- Experience with Data Marts, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes
- Experience with one or more reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Business Objects)
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Strong Database Development skills across multiple platforms
- Superior Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interface with a wide range of personalities and levels within Medxcel and Ascension organizations; Professional communication style
- Data Collection and Analysis: Proactive listening; resourceful in collecting sufficient data; Analysis of data to develop and implement best solution
- Initiative: Self-starter with strong sense of ownership; Tenacity in problem solving with positive outcomes; Motivated to increase capacity and responsibility
- Detailed Oriented: Detailed administrative skills for tracking and reporting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems.
- 2 plus years of experience in Cloud Engineering, experience in a similar role with demonstrated relationship building skills resulting in traceable, measurable, impactful results; understands the software development lifecycle as well as agile methods used to deliver software solutions; experience working in team environments and implementing organizational change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills required.
- Primarily interfacing with team at the Corporate Office in Indianapolis, Indiana. Four trips per year may apply as the role interfaces with teams that provide services in the field with our customers.
Preferred Application Experience:
- Azure, ERP, Cloud-based solutions, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Data Lake, MS Office, PowerBI, Data Factory, Data Bricks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)