We Are Hiring
Technologist-Polysomnographic - Sleep Diagnostic Lab 001 - PRN,Night - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,IN
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent Health is one of the largest employers in the state of Indiana with more than 13,000 associates, meaning whatever your specialization and whatever your professional goals - the sky is the limit. Join our legacy of changing lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality sleep services.
- Unique clinical environment: Our affiliation with Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital creates access to top-notch clinical expertise in the sleep environment
- Culture of teamwork: Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ongoing support: Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
- Advancement: Professional development to build skills
- Healthcare leader: Progressive, stable faith based company with 30 years of experience in delivering care and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future; join our team!
What You Will Do
As a Polysomnography Technologist with the St. Vincent Sleep Disorders Center, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact with our patients in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. You will be a part of an American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited sleep lab. You will specialize in providing comprehensive evaluation and treatment for pediatrics age 5 and above to adults who are suffering from sleep disorders. You will provide testing with state of the art equipment utilizing Alice 6/G3 software and end tidal CO2 monitoring for all sleep studies. We offer an experienced, credentialed team which provides sleep studies in a hotel-like environment.
- Prepares patient and equipment for ordered testing. Interviews patient to determine sleep disorder issues and to explain testing procedures.
- Performs and documents testing. Monitors patient throughout testing and intervenes as necessary to resolve patient needs or equipment issues.
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information to identify and meet patient-specific needs; scores, interprets and reports results of sleep studies.
- Prepares, calibrates, repairs and maintains equipment required for testing. Determines and reports needed repairs/replacements.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cert Polysomnographic Tech credentialed from the Board of Registered Polysomnograhic Technologists (BRPT) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Polysomnographic Tchnlgst credentialed from the Board of Registered Polysomnograhic Technologists (BRPT) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Sleep Technician credentialed from the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)