We Are Hiring
Accounting and Reporting Manager - Healthcare Accounting
4040 Vincennes Circle - Indianapolis, IN 46268
Centralized Market Accounting Team
Seeking Healthcare Accounting Leaders to serve our hospitals and medical groups across the nation.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Manager with Ascension System Office, you will oversee financial accounting and reporting for designated entities and serve as a primary business partner to financial planning.
- Manages day to day operations and financial accounting including journal entries, account reconciliations, business case input, and other reporting activities for designated entities
- Develops work plans to successfully achieve objectives and goals in support of financial initiatives
- Prepares monthly financial reporting and analysis
- Contributes to financial reporting and technical accounting transactions for entities including writing or reviewing the writing of technical accounting position papers
- Supports financial reporting compliance across multiple technology platforms, including but not limited to, capital reporting systems, consolidation systems, and enterprise systems.
- Assists management with understanding and analyzing financial reports and developing cost savings measures; serving as business partner for designated entities
- Supports operational initiatives with financial components and collaborates with financial leaders across the organization
- Management of staff to include: hiring, assignment of work, performance development and growth, performance evaluation, corrective action, and termination
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Five or more years of relevant experience in accounting preferred.
- One year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Full scope understanding of GAAP Financial Statements including footnotes
- Ability to discern financial impact of transactions to Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flows and present findings to Accounting Leadership
- Ability to resolve routine issues exercising judgment within defined accounting procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Strong analytical skills coupled with problem solving abilities and a strong propensity for attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access) and/or G Suite
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other large ERP system
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)