We Are Hiring
At Saint Agnes, we know where our true value lies. It’s in our history, our culture and our people. You can feel the difference at Saint Agnes. It comes across in how we treat our patients and how we work with each other. It is in the commitment, passion and actions of every single associate who decides to make Saint Agnes home. Including, possibly, YOU!
- Registered Nurse Stepdown Intermediate Care
- PRN Tier 4
- Tier 4 Requirements: 108 hours (9 shifts) in a 6 week cycle; evening or night shift only; 3 weekends; 3 holidays with one a winter holiday
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare’s roots in Baltimore go all the way back to 1823. Our culture both then and now is based on a belief that ALL people deserve to be treated with dignity. For generations we have served the beautifully diverse community that is our home with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Today we offer a full range of services through our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation.
As part of Ascension we are part of a bigger ministry to deliver compassionate personalized care to all, especially those most in need. Ascension is one of the leading non-profit health systems in the United States. In fiscal year 2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Our Adult ICU consist of 16 beds with an average daily census of 14. Our nurse to patient ration is on average 2 to 1.
Provides direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Provides direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Care for critically ill patients.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's care needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) required at time of hire.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date, required.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- One year of Registered Nursing experience required (Strongly prefer prior acute care or critical care RN experience)
The next step is to get your information in front of our Nurse Recruiter. To do this simply click apply and our system will walk you through the process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.