We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - Oncology Surgical Unit - Full-Time,Day - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,IN
- We are a fast-paced unit located on the 6th floor at St Vincent’s main campus. 2001 West 86th Street, Indianapolis, IN
- We are a split unit –
- 6E -26 beds of general surgical oncology patients and recently added urology patients. Patients average stay is 3 -5 days – you will get to know your doctors as they all come from the group. 6W- 20 beds of which 10 beds are progressive care and 10 beds are Head and Neck specialties. This unit is on the cutting edge of research and technology. No Chemo or Radiation is administered on this unit but rather the Gamma Knife and other such treatments as leach therapy.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- You will practice at a high level of autonomy and accountability in collaboration with oncologists and the inter-professional Health-care team to provide a continuum of patient care from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, palliation, bereavement and survivorship
- You will provide holistic nursing care to meet the emotional, psychological, informational, spiritual and practical needs of patients throughout the spectrum of cancer care
- You will demonstrate the ability of “being there” for the patient throughout their illness experience by acknowledging the patient’s reality and encouraging hope
- You will assist the patient to identify psychosocial needs and concerns; and offers appropriate resources through information provision, education and referral
- You will demonstrate counselling skills in assisting patient and family with coping mechanisms throughout the continuum of care from diagnosis to survivorship/end of life
- You will continually evaluate the effectiveness of patient’s care in relation to quality of life and expected outcomes and modify the plan and nursing interventions as necessary.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- BSN preferred -Must enroll into BSN program within a year of hire
- One year minimum of acute care experience ( hospital experience)
- NEW GRADS PLEASE APPLY TO THE RESIDENCY POSITIONS
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)