We Are Hiring
Medication Asst-Certified-LTC - Assisted Living Nursing Unit A - PRN,Rotating - Via Christi Village Ridge - Wichita,KS
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
Administers prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN)/(LVN) and maintains related medical records.
- Deliver nursing care which includes administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician consistent with ministry policies and procedures.
- Order medications from pharmacy per ministry policy
- Provides support with Activities of Daily Living as assigned in a safe manner, consistent with the policies and procedures of the ministry.
- Documents tasks completed per ministry policy.
- Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Contributes to continuity of care by effectively communicating services provided and changes in the resident's condition or family interactions in a timely manner.
- Complies with ministry’s infection control policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Valid Certified Medication Aide/Technician (CMA/CMT) certification in the state which employed required.
- CPR certification preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- A minimum of one year experience as a Certified Medication Aide/Technician is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)