We Are Hiring
Ascension Medical Group Via Christi - Ascension Gastroenterology Department is looking for a full time Gastroenterologist to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Medical Group Via Christi
- Largest multi-specialty group practice in Kansas including locations in Manhattan, Pittsburg, Wamego and Wichita
- More than 300 providers in 40 specialties providing mission-minded care for all
- Academic affiliation with the University of Kansas School of Medicine and sponsorship of 6 residency and 2 fellowship programs
- Family-friendly metropolitan area of approximately 500,000
- Voted #1 city for overall affordability by Business Insider
- Excellent amenities including a new airport, award- winning schools, affordable housing, hiking trails and diverse economic base
- Home to four university campuses including the University of Kansas School of Medicine and Wichita State University
What You Will Do
Ascension Medical Group is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Gastroenterologist to join our team.
- Join a group of 2 Gastroenterologists and 2 Advanced Practice Providers
- Adjoining surgery center and highly skilled support staff available including lab, radiology, anesthesia, and 2 nearby motility labs
- Competitive salary guarantee with wRVU incentives
- Signing bonus and loan assistance available
- Rotating call group to help promote a work-life balance
- Opportunity to work with rotating medical students and residents through an affiliation with the University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Visa support available
- Evaluate and treat patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommend, participates in, and work to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accept patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participate in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provide appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participate in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which includes on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Requirement will be tracked by local Medical Staff office.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Gastroenterology by hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.