We Are Hiring
Echocardiography Technologist - Ultrasound - Full-Time, Day - St. John Medical Center - Tulsa, OK
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was founded in 1926 by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. Beginning with a 50-bed hospital, St. John Health System now incorporates the skills of more than 800 primary care and specialty physicians, 7,000 employees and several medical centers throughout northeastern Oklahoma.
St. John Health System is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with accepted protocols.
- Sets up and adjusts all imaging equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiac Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credetials
- Registered ECHO with ARDMS or CCI Strongly Preferred.
- New Graduates Registry Eligible
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
- Experience in Pediatrics preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)