We Are Hiring
Attendant-Food Svcs - Nutrition Services Asc Lvg - Part-Time,Day - Via Christi Village Hays - Hays,KS
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
Assists with preparation, assembly and service of food and beverages.
- Arranges and prepares dining room area(s) for meals
- Assists in preparing and serving meals, documenting meal/snack intake, and maintaining sufficient inventories of food and supplies.
- Responds to residents' requests, needs or concerns in a timely manner.
- Comprehends and follows menus and diet cards taking into consideration resident food preferences, allergies and consistencies.
- Buses tables, washes, sanitizes and stores dishes.
- Cleans and sanitizes working, serving and dining areas including appliances.
- Properly handles the use and storage of chemicals, supplies and cleaning equipment.
- Documents food, dishwasher, and refrigerator temperatures, reporting any variations to supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with food safety standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Food Service Professional credentialed from the ServSafe National Restaurant Association.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)