We Are Hiring
RN-Long Term Care - SNF Nursing Unit A - Full-Time,Day - Providence Village - Waco,TX
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients/residents through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. Effectively interacts with patients/residents, family members, responsible party and other health team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. The RN plans, supervises and evaluates care of each patient/resident. The RN ensures that the status of the patient/resident condition is effectively communicated to the physician.
- Assessment: Performs assessments on patients/residents and reassessments as per policy.
- Planning/Implementation/Evaluation: Develops and implements appropriate plan of care based on assessment and diagnosis tailored to meet each individual’s needs (physical, cultural and psychosocial), evaluates plan of care and makes necessary changes, works to meet individual patient/resident needs.
- Medication Administration: Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient/resident and their clinical condition. Evaluates patient/resident responses to medications.
- Patient/Resident/Family Education: Plans for and provides patient/resident, family and caregiver education, identifies learning needs, clearly communicates information and documents patient/resident response to education.
- Documentation: Documents according to current standards and policies.
- Discharge Planning: Plans for patient/resident discharge, anticipates and plans for long-term and/or short-term patient/resident needs, collaborates with the discharge planner when appropriate and assesses the patient/resident prior to discharge.
- Delegation/Collaboration: Delegates and collaborates in providing patient/resident care according to licensure and skill levels, follows up to ensure success.
- Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the state in which employed required
- CPR certification preferred for Assisted Living; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment
Education / Experience:
- Completion of an accredited RN program
- A minimum of one year experience as an RN preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Possesses working knowledge of State and Federal regulations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)