We Are Hiring
Technology Analyst - ESD Data Platform - Full-Time, Days - 7715 Chevy Chase Building - Austin, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a skilled engineer with disciplines that incorporate aspects of software systems engineering and operations. We are combining these skills to come up with better ways of managing and operating applications.
- Identify opportunities to build innovative tools and solve unique operations problems on a large enterprise and mission critical applications
- Solve problems through systematization.
- Create scripts to automate operational tasks & incorporate the solutions into infrastructure. Looks for ways to improve and streamline existing processes
- Triage alerts & diagnose/resolve critical issues, manage implementation of changes
- Develop tools, frameworks, and instrumentation to validate and increase rollout success for applications.
- Coordinate capacity planning
- Develop CI/CD orchestration systems to reduce friction for software delivery to production. Perform code migrations between environments.
- Real-Time troubleshooting of mission critical application workflows and incorporate feedback to product development.
- Maintain systems by researching and resolving problems; maintaining system integrity and security.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ability to collaborate across development and system teams
- Develop metrics, reports, and documentation as needed
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
Desired Work Experience:
- 4 years of experience with enterprise level administration and support
- 4 years of experience in writing automation scripts, building application dashboards for proactive monitoring, setting up Alerts for early determination of the issues
- 4 years of experience practicing SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) practice, process improvements
- Hands on enterprise systems administration, monitoring, and deployment activities
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016 hosted via Virtual Machine
- Knowledge of IP networking including FTP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems and high-availability architectures
- Linux and Windows system administration, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Development experience in one or more or programming languages such as .Net, Powershell, Java, Python, Bash
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases
- Working knowledge of Splunk, ElasticSearch or similar tools
- InterSystems Cache/IRIS administration experience preferred
- Experience with Agile methodology and JIRA preferred
Desired Personal Skills:
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to proactively own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues
- Extreme sense of ownership to resolve problems in a distributed environment
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system
- A self-starter with the ability and confidence to independently resolve issues and bring results back to the team
- Computer Science bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)