We Are Hiring
Technologist-Vascular (Radiologic Technologist) - Cardiac Cath Labs - St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham,AL
Full-Time,Day Monday - Friday 7a-3:30p with some call. Must live within 30 minutes from hospital to meet call requirement.
What You will do:
As a Vascular Technologist/Peripheral Radiologic Technologist you will have the opportunity to perform vascular diagnostic procedures to detect peripheral vascular disease or obstructions.
- Evaluates patient for presence of peripheral vascular disease by selecting most effective procedures within regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Performs appropriate diagnostic procedures, records patient test results and reports results.
- Monitors patient comfort and safety during tests, alerting physicians to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
- Maintains adequate supplies and verifies all equipment is in proper working condition; reports deficiencies and failures.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or
- Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Current Radiology Technology degree preferred
- 1 year of Cath Lab experience preferred but not required.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)