We Are Hiring
LPN Licensed Practical Nurse - West 21st Pediatrics Clinic - Full-Time, Day - Ascension Via Christi Clinic West 21st Street - Wichita, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Why Via Christi Health:
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees. In Wichita, we were voted best in town by the Wichita Eagle’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards and named in Becker’s Healthcare 2017 list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great oncology, neurosurgery and spine programs.
The area's leader in cancer care, Via Christi Cancer Institute features Wichita's only program accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and the Foundation for Accreditation for Cellular Therapy. State-of-the-art treatment technologies — like the area's only CyberKnife and the da Vinci Robotic Surgery System — make Via Christi one of the most advanced cancer centers in the nation.
What Via Christi Health has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Via Christi Health offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
What You Will Do
What you will do:
As a LPN Licensed Practical Nurse you will provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established polices, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients and assures the well-being of patients.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Need
The qualifications you will need:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High School Education or equivalent required. Associate's degree in a related field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)