We Are Hiring
Social Worker-LTC - Social Service 001 - Full-Time,Day - Via Christi Village Ridge - Wichita,KS
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
Provides psychosocial assessments, crisis and short term counseling, community resource education and referral, and transitional planning for residents and their families. Serves as a resource on psychosocial issues and community services to residents and their families.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in initial admission screenings, identifying needs, and meeting with family members.
- Assesses psychosocial needs of residents.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team with care plan development.
- Arranges community resources to meet residents’ needs.
- Acts as a liaison and resident advocate by addressing any issues and concerns that may arise among residents, families, staff and outside resources i.e. Department of Aging, Social Security Administration, Medicaid, Ombudsman, etc.
- Facilitates individual and family meetings as needed or prescribed in the plan of care.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in the clinical and business records per community policy.
- Provides crisis and short term counseling in complex cases requiring a high degree of clinical judgment.
- Educates residents/families of resources for care and assists with decision making.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members and representing residents’ psychosocial needs.
- Documents assessment, plan, and interventions in medical charts as appropriate to setting.
- Delivers the ideal resident experience through a person respected care approach.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in Social Work (LBSW) or Gerontology required.
- Masters in Social Work (LMSW) or Gerontology preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- LBSW or above by Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (BSRB) of state where employed preferred. Required at PACE sites.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)