We Are Hiring
Carondelet Place, an Ascension Living community, is seeking qualified and passionate LPNs to join our nursing staff!
Seeking LPNs for PRN opportunities.
- Day Shift: 7:00am - 7:00pm
- Night Shift: 7:00pm - 7:00am
Our skilled nursing community is conveniently located across the street from St. Joseph Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri. When additional therapy is needed after surgery, illness or hospital stay, we provide rehabilitation and short-term care. We also offer long-term care for residents who need a higher level of assistance in dealing with an ongoing illness, chronic medical condition or disability.
Why Join Ascension?
Why join Carondelet Place?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
- Flexible scheduling and student friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
What You Will Do
As an LPN, you will provide basic bedside care to long-term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Perform delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- Anticipate, recognize, report and respond to changes in resident/patient condition
- Implement interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent
- Assist residents and families with care planning, education and referrals
- Follow regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Assume responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood
- Provides support with activities of daily living as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
What You Will Need (Required Credentials)
- Valid license as a practical or vocational nurse in Missouri
- CPR certification preferred for assisted living; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment
- Completion of an accredited LPN program
- A minimum of one-year experience as an LPN preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience preferred but not required
- Possesses working knowledge of state and federal regulations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)