We Are Hiring
Emergency Dispatcher – Air and Ground Transport – St Francis
Three 12 hour shifts and one 4 hour shift per week
7pm – 7am
Rotating weekend and holiday requirement
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and is a nationally recognized. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. In Wichita, we also offer child care for day shift workers through our Child Development Center. We also offer a unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It’s one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In the 2016 fiscal year, Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local community health efforts
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- In Wichita, we were voted Best in Town by the Wichita Eagle’s 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards and named in Becker’s Healthcare 2017 list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great oncology, neurosurgery and spine programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to receive and respond to emergency and non-emergency telephone and radio calls for medical assistance.
- Respond to calls in a time-sensitive manner. Ensure appropriate and accurate routing of calls.
- Dispatch emergency units and coordinate air medical flights as appropriate and per established algorithms.
- Maintain documentation of calls and physician/service referrals for legal, medical and statistical purposes.
- Follow up with referring entities for ease of access, marketing, evaluation, and quality improvement.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed by the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services (KSBEMS) as a EMT obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed by the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services (KSBEMS) as a Paramedic obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Required Credential(s):
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Associate's degree or technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)