We Are Hiring
Lead Financial Analyst - Budgeting Planning
4600 Headquarters - St Louis, MO
Come be a part of a team that supports 13 unique markets in their journey to fulfill the mission of providing spiritual-centered, holistic care. Through collaboration the Operational Finance teams strives to provide Ascension leadership with insight to the Ministry Market’s financial future.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Lead Financial Analyst with Ascension System Office, you will have the opportunity to serve as a resource for other analysts. Performs analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information.
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources.
- Assists with budget preparation and financial planning processes.
- Serves as consultant to management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Assist with budget review for compliance and identification of cost-savings opportunities.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and guidance to peers and associates
- Support the Operational Finance department with month end close process including Day 5 close activities and deliverable for month end Operating Results
- Analyze month end operational results for the Ministry Markets and follow-up with local finance staff to resolve questions.
- Coordinate the submission, review and analysis of forecasts and action plans from the Ministry Markets
- Analyze and interpret Ministry Market ISOFPs, including strategic and financial operations.
- Assist in the development and testing of rolling forecast model and other financial and business insight tools to maximize net operating margins and ensure market competitiveness.
- Assist Operational Finance leadership with the preparation of financial reports and presentations on actual, budget and forecasted financial results for internal audiences, committees and councils , as required.
- Leads special projects and duties as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring viable alternatives.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Proficient in spreadsheets highly preferred
- Working knowledge of standard financial statements preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)