We Are Hiring
We are seeking an analytical minded laboratory professional with proficiency in the terminology of LOINC and SNOMED CT to enable exchange of health information across different systems.
This is an incredible opportunity to help shape the future of healthcare for our health system and beyond. The work you will do will directly impact the patients we care for.
If you enjoy creating something new and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. Our mission at Ascension is to provide personalized care for all – paying special attention to those who need it most. We are looking for new team members to define groundbreaking opportunities, design prototypes, pilot and implement solutions, and ultimately reshape the healthcare experience.
What You Will Do
As a Laboratory Analyst with us, we will leverage your industry, code, and FHIR knowledge to create a new clinical data model and develop codes to be used nationwide. If you have a background in medical laboratory code names, nursing diagnosis, nursing interventions, outcomes classification, or patient care data sets you may have the skills we are looking for!
- Build and conduct testing plan to ensure clinically valid laboratory data is available to the business
- Perform mapping of clinical data to a normalized data model
- Determine approaches to interoperability of clinical data, including mapping of clinical content to data standards to support use case requirements
- Serve as a subject matter expert on laboratory data quality and availability
- Build data concepts to supports clinical use cases
- Act as a quality consultant and subject matter expert, performing testing and validation of mapped of data elements to standards
- Test clinical content to ensure the appropriate data modeling, vocabulary, terminology and code-set standard for representing and harmonizing clinical data
- Collaborate with technical resources to perform root cause analysis and remediation of data quality issues
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in related health field is preferred
- Proficiency with terminology of Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) and Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine – Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT) to enable exchange of health information across different systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of relational databases/database structures, SQL experience desired
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory workflows and laboratory information systems.
- Experience with detailed policies and related data/exchange standards including the ONC Interoperability Advisory Standard, U.S. Core Data for Interoperability initiative, ONC Certification Rules
- Experience with using/implementing HL7 standards and processes including Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)