We Are Hiring
Title: Supervisor of Rehabilitation Services-Acute Care
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Seton Medical Center Austin
Department: Occupational Therapy 001
Additional Job Details: Full Time Day
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join the Ascension Family?
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- A Mission with a Global Reach: Not only is Ascension focused on transforming healthcare in the US, we are also committed to the health and wellbeing of persons in developing countries. By joining our team – you are joining a global movement to care for those in need.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: Last year Ascension provided over 1.8billion in free healthcare to those in need and without access. You will have the opportunity to offer your servants heart by volunteering with Ascension’s Medical Mission at Home program and other community benefit initiatives.
- Faith Based Approach: Spiritual care is fundamental to our identity and a tangible expression of our mission and values. It is also an essential part of providing care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We care for the spirit through compassionate relationships and empathetic, effective communication.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. This helps us provide better care for all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community
What You Will Do
At Ascension, we’re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As an Associate with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to supervise daily activities within an assigned area of rehabilitative services.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
- Provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to departmental clinicians. Assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- May participate in the direct delivery of care. Completes evaluations and treatments as needed.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Audiologist credentialed from the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology .
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners .
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT) credentialed from the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners .
- Speech-Language Pathologist credentialed from the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology .
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Preferred experience as Occupational Therapist
- Preferred experience in Acute Care
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.