We Are Hiring
Financial Analyst - Healthcare Accounting
28000 Corporate Services Building - Warren, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information.
- Perform month end closing procedures for all foundation business units.
- Review all financial transactions for proper recording of activity.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and related reporting packages.
- Track changes in restricted fund account balances for accuracy and prepare net asset rollforward reports on a monthly basis.
- Using the Blackline reconciliation tool, reconcile account and subsidiary system detail to the general ledger and post correcting entries when necessary.
- Monitor and reconcile various foundation bank accounts and prepare appropriate journal entries each period.
- Support ongoing efforts to improve processes and automate manual tasks including the implementation of the Financial Edge NXT system for the foundations.
- Assist with annual audit and 990 preparation.
- A strong communicator and team player who is analytical and detail oriented.
- An independent thinker who likes to solve complex problems quickly and works with sense of urgency to complete assignments.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business preferred.
- 2 years of Accounting related experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)