We Are Hiring
Mgr-Physician Practice Ops - FP EFC - Full-Time,Day - East Flint Campus - Burton,MI
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Manager with Ascension Genesys, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the assigned practice site(s).
- Serves as a liaison between practice physicians and office employees, and between the practice and other clinical and administrative areas.
- Develops growth strategies and business plans in cooperation with practice physicians and physician leadership.
- Supports financial, budget and business goals.
- Ensures that staffing is in place to meet the demands of the provider's work schedules.
- May assist with the development and implementation of the physician compensation system.
- Monitors the billing and collection functions.
- Oversees daily operations of practice including but not limited to services, site policies, staff development, and patient flow.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment and payroll.
- Monitors budgets, regulatory compliance, contracts and vendor relations.
- Assesses quality of and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other providers.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration is preferred.
- 2 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
- Medical Office Management experience preferred.
- Working with physicians preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.