We Are Hiring
At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. As a community, we welcome all faiths, and are inspired by the mission and values of Ascension.
Do you have a passion for coding and auditing data? We are seeking a Compliance Specialist in the Detroit area! Become a part of our family. Apply today!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Compliance Specialist, you will have the opportunity to develop and oversee activities designed to promote regulatory compliance and continual survey readiness.
- Stays informed of regulatory/standards changes and interprets applicability of changes across patient care, ancillary and general departments.
- Ensures readiness at all organizational levels for regulatory changes and applies innovative methods for implementation.
- Guides action plan development, performance monitoring and reporting when deficiencies are identified.
- Collaborates on identifying best practices and streamlines survey preparation.
- Serves as primary regulatory compliance support for both complex and routine operations and administrative issues.
- Identifies trends and educational opportunities.
- Prepares and presents educational programs related to coding.
- Assists in the management of the coding and billing auditing and monitoring program to address high risk compliance areas.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)