We Are Hiring
As a Clinical Documentation Specialist with St. Vincent, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation to support coding and reporting.
TITLE: Clinical Documentation Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Revenue Cycle Mgmt 009
LOCATION: Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Documentation Specialist with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to facilitate improvement in overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation.
- Completes admission reviews and assigns a working Diagnosis Related Group. Ensures the working DRG and other information are entered in the Clinical Documentation Improvement database.
- Initiates and maintains extensive interactions with physicians and mid-level providers to address the need for more detailed information in the medical record.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals to ensure the severity of illness and level of services provided are accurately reflected in the medical record and to resolve physician queries and documentation issues prior to patient's discharge.
- Maintains accurate records of review activities, ensuring reports and outcomes of CDI efforts are valid.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Documentation Prof. credentialed from the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience and Nursing background preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)