We Are Hiring
Financial Analyst - Healthcare Accounting
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information.
- Identify and map unapplied bank deposits remitted by patient cash, credit cards and insurances to Finance General Ledger files.
- Utilize bank information and payor remittance files, patient accounting systems and Finance reports to accurately match unposted cash to general ledgers
- Complete unapplied exception matching worklist assignments within targeted goals across several health ministries by entering data into and maintaining reports within the department’s information system.
- Remediate system exceptions. As this is a new process being built, applicant will need broad range of experience with Rev Cycle processes or strong accounting analytical skills.
- Work with Unposted Cash team members to identify system improvement opportunities.
- Billing/Followup/Payment posting tasks include: Understand hospital revenue cycle process (ability to maneuver/understand a patient accounting system and payer websites by reading system notes, charges, billing, transaction postings).
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
- System Report creation and analysis of data experience preferred.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Significant experience in all components of Revenue Cycle function (Billing, cash posting, deposit reconciliation with posting results) preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Excel capabilities (including advanced formulas, pivot tables) preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)