We Are Hiring
Saint Joseph Center, part of Ascension Living, is looking for caring and compassionate DSPs to join the team! Located in a tranquil setting close to major Freeport roads, Presence Saint Joseph Center is easily accessible. This 120-bed community offers short-stay rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care. We make every effort to help our residents feel comfortable, respected and loved. Many of our staff members are long-tenured and form close relationships with residents. A kind word, a shared laugh or a heartfelt hug can brighten a day.
.4 FTE; 16 hours per week
Every other Saturday 10 AM to 6 PM
Every other Sunday 7 AM to 3 PM
Wednesdays 7p-11p 7 PM to 11 PM
Thursdays 7p-11p 7 PM to 11 PM
Why Join Ascension?
Be part of a great team and culture
Generous PTO, excellent (and affordable) medical, dental, vision and retirement (with a match)
Flexible scheduling and student friendly
Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
The Direct Support Professional/ DD Aide provides direct patient care and supportive services to persons the community living setting.
- Provides direct care services in accordance with the specific modalities and frequencies prescribed by the Individual Care Plan of each patient. Implements and assists patients with activities of daily living (ADLs) as indicated in the Individual Care Plan.
- Completes clinical documentation and other written reports according to establised standards.
- Provides respectful guidance and supervision to patients so as to assure the completion of daily activities in a manner that provides for personal safety, good hygiene and mutually enriching social interaction
- Maintains a safe work environment by monitoring the social and physical environment of patients using Crisis Prevention de-escalation techniques. Facilitates crisis intervention with both patients and family members as needed. Reports maintenance, supply, life safety and quality care issues to he designated supervisor in a timely manner. Meets productivity standards as established by the Senior Clinician and/or Program Manager.
- Provides transportation and guidance to patients in the context of community outings, access to therapeutic and rehabilitative services and participation in social events.
What You Will Need
- Current IL DSP/DD Aide Certifiecation in good standing
- Valid IL Driver's License, in good standing
- High school diploma required
- Prior experience in a direct service capacity in a group home, nursing home, special needs setting, day care center or similar venue is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)