We Are Hiring
Title: Recreational Therapist
City, State: Waco, TX
Location: DePaul Center
Department: Psychosocial Therapy
Additional Job Details: Full Time Day
What You Will Do
At Ascension, we’re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As an associate with the Providence Healthcare Network-TX, you will have the opportunity to develop and implement activity therapy treatment plans.
- Conducts patient assessments and establishes recreational/leisure therapy treatment goals.
- Evaluates each patient's progress and the effectiveness of recreational/leisure therapy interventions.
- Coordinates therapeutic recreational/leisure activities for both large and small groups. Observes patient response and encourages socialization.
- Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic recreational/leisure activities in the community.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Therapist specializing in Recreation.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Preferred experience with inpatient psychological diagnosis in adults
- Preferred experience with music, yoga, expressive or art therapy
- Preferred experience with group therapy
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.