We Are Hiring
This is a 32 hour per week position, with one weekday off per week.
Primary work location will be Ascension Medical Group 13133 North Port Washington Rd, Mequon, and will be willing to travel to Sheboygan on occassional Fridays.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What is in it for you?
- Generous $2,750 sign on bonus!
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our associates inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Affordable Medical and Dental Coverage
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Retirement Matching
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
- Paid Time Off: As a new Ascension associate you will accrue three weeks of paid time off annually.
- Tuition reimbursement: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from $3,000 per year in tuition reimbursement. You will also have the opportunity to take advantage of one of four online universities partnering with Ascension associates seeking a Bachelor or Master degree; offering them either discounts, scholarships or go at your own pace learning options.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Registered Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Registry of Medical Assistants also accepted.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement