We Are Hiring
Driver-Shuttle - Auto Transport PACE - Full-Time,Day - Wichita PACE - Wichita,KS
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
Transports people from site while maintaining the assigned schedule.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner. Informs supervisor of any unusual situations or accidents immediately.
- Assists riders entering and exiting the vehicle. Complies with all traffic safety rules and regulations.
- Assists the department supervisor with the daily activities of the Transportation department.
- Inspects and maintains vehicle daily for cleaning and safety issues. Maintains accurate logs per required standards.
- Follows established schedules, adjusts schedules to meet unanticipated changes, and determines safest and most efficient pickup and delivery routes.
- Drives specially equipped van to deliver physically limited persons to various destinations; assures that wheelchair lifts and tie down equipment are properly operated and that riders are delivered to appointments in a timely manner.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)