We Are Hiring
Cosmetologist - Center Support PACE 001 - Part-Time,Day - Wichita PACE - Wichita,KS
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
Responsible for meeting resident hair care needs. Includes shampooing, hair styling, haircuts, color treatments, manicures, etc.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for styling, cuts, permanents, shampooing, color treatments, manicures, care of facial hair, etc.
- Schedule resident/participant appointments
- Process proper documentation to ensure accurate record keeping for the department. May include daily receipts, resident/participant "service performed" card, and any adverse reactions to products used in performing services.
- Keep work areas clean at all times, secure and replace materials and equipment used after each resident’s service. Dispose of used linens to laundry in a timely manner and sterilize equipment after each use.
- Report supply needs to manager.
- Required attendance for required in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of cosmetology program through an accredited school required.
- One (1) year experience working with a geriatric population preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid cosmetology license from state where employed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)