We Are Hiring
Cardiovasc Techno-RCIS/RCES - Cardiac Cath Labs Anc 001 - Full-Time,Day - HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
SCHEDULE: FT Day, 6:30a-5p, 10 hour shifts. M-F. On Call Nights/Weekends/Holidays
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to, under general supervision, renders patient care in accordance with physician protocols to provide patient comfort and well-being. Assists the physician in conducting all invasive cardiac and therapeutic procedures by preparing equipment and patients, functioning as scrub assistant, and/or recording all hemodynamic and electrodigraphic data. Orients students and new employees, assists in the care and maintenance of the department are, equipment and supplies, acts as a resource person; assists with patient transport; attends in-service meetings and keeps current on cardiac catheterization laboratory procedures and equipment. Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide care to the age group(s) served.
- 1. Prepares laboratory for performance of study by checking data processing equipment for proper working order, calibrating analogue recording equipment, and arranging surgical instruments using appropriate aseptic technique.
- 2. Verifies patient's identity prior to procedure. Reviews patient's chart to confirm existence of allergies and ensures appropriate pre-operative lab and electrocardiograph studies have been carried out, and appropriate pre-operative medications have been administered. Checks for blood pressure, pulse, irregularities of heart rhythm, removal of dentures and other processes, and ensures intravenous infusion line is operating properly.
- 3. Prepares patient for procedure by positioning patient on table, connecting leads to an electrocardiogram, leveling transducers and preparing site of entry for surgery. Reassures patient before, during, and after procedure.
- 4. Monitors patient's vital signs and electrocardiograph data during procedure including recognition of arrhythmia, heart blockage, and any pattern of physiologic changes. Monitors and attends to patient's comfort during procedure, (i.e. emesis, voiding, positioning, respiratory distress, vasovagal reaction, and the like).
- 5. Acts as a patient/family educator prior to diagnostic test or surgical procedure. Explains procedure, expectations, and answers questions.
- 6 Acts as patient advocate when required; provides emotional support, comfort to patients undergoing diagnostic or interventional procedures
- 7 Administers/dispenses meds as authorized by hospital & ordered by physician
- 8. Monitors IV's, operative IV infusion pumps, oxygen, and suction equipment.
- 9. Records cardiac data generated by patient testing procedures, performs routine analysis, and prepares data for interpretation by physician.
- 10. Develops ability for electrode and generator analysis at time of pacemaker implantation.
- 11 Assists in care, maintenance of departmental area, equipment, supplies. Alerts appropriate individuals of malfunctioning equipment and supply needs
- 12. Assists with the orientation of students and new employees to the catheterization laboratory.
- 13. Assists with patient transport; maintains various records, reports, files, and statistics, etc
- 14. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature, and attending related conferences, seminars, and the like.
- 15. Prepares sterile set-up of instruments and supplies for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Functions as a scrub assistant to the physician for these procedures.
- 16 Operates apparatus outside laboratory, such as Fick apparatus, blood oximeter, densitometer, etc, in order to assess physiologic parameters; handles non-sterile equipment, physiologic measuring devices, that come in contact with or are used by patients during procedures; cleans, prepares equipment and/or catheters for procedures; evaluates non-mechanical and special supplies for functional integrity
- 17. Maintains logs of all events, as well as apparatus or special equipment used during procedure
- 18. Monitors on-line computerized data from patients to assess and relate multiple parameters such as valvular gradients. Monitors data for abnormal readings.
- 19. Troubleshoots all equipment in laboratories to ensure proper operation.
- 20 Alerts physician, health team members of pt status, any significant variations in vital signs
- 21. Attends in-service meetings and others as requested. Keeps current on catheterization laboratory procedures and equipment.
- 22. Performs other related duties as requested by authorized personnel.
- Essential Functions: 1) Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with patients in often stressful situations and exchange factual information regarding patients' status with physicians or otherhealth team members; 2) Analytical skills necessary in order to review several data sources at one time, recognize normaland abnormal physiological data and make quick and accurate decisions as to patient status; 3) Ability to lift, push and pull patients to obtain proper positioning and to stand and walk up to fifty (50) percent of work time, when conducting procedures
- Working Conditions: 1) Normal laboratory environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, and the like; 2) Occasional (up to 20% of work time) exposure to patients with infectious diseases
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in the Human Resources Department will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need
- Diploma Required
- Requires graduate of 1) accredited school of cardiovascular technology, 2) accredited school of radiology, or 3) associate degree clinically relevant health care related field, such as health science, rehabilitation
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Or Certified Instructor.
- Registered Cardiographic Tech specializing in Cardiac-Intrvn Radiography credentialed from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. (RCIS) required, OR a Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES); OR must obtain CCI certification as RCIS/RCES within 18 months of hire date, and must be renewed as required.
- Experience preferred, not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.