This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Lab Manager - Lab Administration
Affiliated Medical Services Lab - Wichita, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and is a nationally recognized. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. In Wichita, we also offer child care for day shift workers through our Child Development Center. We also offer a unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It’s one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local community health efforts
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
- Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for equipment purchases.
- Implements PI measures to enhance safety and efficiency of the Laboratory department.
- Works closely with service line directors and managers to resolve operational issues, interdepartmental/physician concerns within the health system.
- Knowledge of laboratory outreach business a must
- Basic knowledge of service contracts preferred
- Knowledge of daily operation of physician office laboratories a must
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Cytotechnologist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Histotechnologist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
Bachelor's degree required within 4 months of hire or job transfer date; degree in Med Tech preferred.
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)