We Are Hiring
Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a different for patients, team members, and the community.
We are currently seeking an RN Care Manager for our Appleton, WI area. Become a part of our family! Apply Today!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Care Management (ACM) creates a seamless healthcare experience that works with patients, providers, health system leaders, payers and other stakeholders to create customized healthcare solutions that stabilize costs, improve health outcomes and enhance the experience of both providers and individuals. ACM helps organizations and health systems resolve common healthcare challenges.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a RN Care Management Partner with Ascension Care Management, you will have the opportunity to coordinate various activities supporting case management process.
- Assurance that a member utilizes network and suggests or refers for acquisition of community resources to better health outcomes.
- Coordination of network resources to demonstrate financial stewardship.
- Development, execution and coordination of member’s plan of care, with an emphasis on the most complicated cases.
- Identify members and episodes (such as care transitions) that would most benefit from care coordination based on program objectives and member’s risk.
- Develops and executes member’s plan of care including appropriate protocols and care paths for all level of clinical complexity.
- Provide care coordination of plan of care and including member’s additional care needs.
- Help member develop and define health goals.
- Communicate goals and patient status to partners of the member’s healthcare team, often acting as patient advocate.
- Use of appropriate IT platforms to communicate and store information and evaluate outcomes.
- Systemically work with others in Ascension Care Management's Network to ensure we are engaging patients throughout the network and at each point of care, healing and wellness.
- Identification of opportunities for and provision of elements of health maintenance and population management including wellness and activation objectives for both the population and individual member.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.
- Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC). Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- Associates degree in health related field required.
- Bachelors degree in health related field preferred.
- At least two years in nursing in health related field required, preference in case management, acute care or home care setting.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills with a history of working with both customers and physicians.
- Resourcefulness and innovation to design meaningful member activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic computer skills include Word, Excel, Outlook, web based applications and clinical data as well as application of that data preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in a professional, collaborative and predictable manner.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)