We Are Hiring
RN Spclst-Clinical Doc Improve - HIM Coding Documentation 002 - Full-Time,Day - Ascension Borgess Medical Ctr - Kalamazoo,MI
Mon - Fri Flexible start times
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to facilitate improvement in overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation.
- Completes admission reviews and works closely with coding staff to ensure accuracy in code assignments that reflect the patients clinical status and care.
- Initiates and maintains extensive interactions with physicians and mid-level providers to address the need for more detailed information in the medical record.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals to ensure the severity of illness and level of services provided are accurately reflected in the medical record and to resolve physician queries and documentation issues prior to patient's discharge.
- Maintains accurate records of review activities, ensuring reports and outcomes of clinical documentation improvement (CDI) efforts are valid.
- Provides education to the healthcare team on an ongoing basis regarding documentation opportunities, coding and reimbursement issues, and relevant quality and performance improvement activities.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 2 years leadership experience
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of ICD coding guidelines
- Desire to teach
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)