We Are Hiring
Marketing Sr. Specialist, Internal & External Communications
Indianapolis, IN OR Evansville, IN
Are you interested in working with a professional Marketing and Communications team that respects and values your expertise? Do you have experience in internal and external communications writing media materials, news releases, story pitches, standby statements key messages, blog posts, and internal event recaps to name a few? If so, you need to be a part of our team!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Marketing Sr. Specialist, Internal & External Communications Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with leadership to implement strategies in branding and marketing, public relations, internal communications and digital communications that advance the organization's goals.
- Support both Internal and External Communications for the Indiana market
- Identify and pursue media opportunities that support marketing efforts to achieve business goals and ministry-wide objectives.
- Identify and pursue internal communication opportunities that target associates and support external marketing communication to achieve business goals and ministry-wide objectives.
- Interview service line experts, thought leaders, clinicians, executive leaders, associates, and patients.
- Fact-check and write internal communication updates and repurpose across multiple internal channels.
- Under the guidance of the manager, write key executive level messages, Q&A documents for associates, media materials, news releases, story pitches, standby statements key messages, blog posts, and internal event recaps.
- Ensure unplanned internal communication requests are recorded, vetted, tracked, fulfilled, while providing transparent progress updates to stakeholders.
- Meet and escort media outlets for news-related interviews and special events.
- Report daily and bi-weekly status of projects to manager, identifying any major blockers that may delay deployment plans.
- Creates and implements tactics that align local market voice to System's key messages that reflect the organization's direction and position.
- Ensures that communications are consistent, accurate and appropriate to support the organization's identity and further its strategies and mission.
- Supports Marketing and Communications leadership and staff to implement internal and external resources to support the One Ascension journey locally and nationally.
- Uses appropriate metrics and measurement strategies to enable continuous improvement and ensures effective use of resources.
- Supports development of our integrated ministry by developing and implementing communications that foster leadership engagement and gains associate's support and understanding of the organization's values and strategic priorities.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)