We Are Hiring
RN Director-Surgical Services - Clinical Operations - Full-Time Days - St. V Evansville Health System - Evansville, IN
Exempt position hours variable.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for Surgical Services.
- Develops departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding. Coordinate and directs internal/external audits.
- Directs and evaluates all clinical activities, including care plan development, service level determination, and complaint management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, administration and directors to develop streamlined operations where equipment, supplies and staff are utilized efficiently and resourcefully.
- Removes obstacles to achieving clinical quality, service excellence and financial effectiveness targets.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Master's degree or combination of Bachelor's degree and experience preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)