We Are Hiring
VP-Operations - Administration 001 - Full-Time,Day - St Mary's of MI-Riverfront - Saginaw,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Formulates and oversees the organization's planning, policies and practices in collaboration with executive leadership.
- Participates in development of the organization's vision, policies and short- and long-term objectives.
- Develops, implements and monitors operating budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and recommends cost effective and efficient solutions.
- Serves as liaison between Board of Directors, executive leadership, management, stakeholders, financial institutions, and regulatory agencies.
- Negotiates terms and conditions and manages contractual services for third party vendors for clinical, support or professional services in the medical group.
- Resource for third party vendors in managing the request for proposal process, inventory management, audit resolution, equipment servicing, information technology/clinical engineering project management and invoicing reconciliation in the medical group.
- Resource for capital planning, evaluation and analysis of capital requests, prioritization, budget justifications, and proformas in the regional medical group.
- Position is a dyad leadership function with the Regional VP of Clinical of the medical group.
- Responsible for executing strategies for Primary Care patient care services of Ascension Medical Group including the development and implementation of organizational goals and action plans in coordination with the strategic planning process.
- Collaborates in management of clinical, support and professional functions.
- Works in partnership with management leaders and physicians and others in ensuring that areas of responsibility are aligned with the Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ensures that policies, procedures, and practices result in clinical, service and operational excellence.
- Functions as a key liaison between the leadership, physician partners and staff.
- Establishes and improves systems and processes to support continuous learning and improvement based on quantitative and qualitative information regarding patient outcomes and experiences.
- In coordination with the appropriate leadership, clinical staff and the information services function, participates in preparation of technology plans and evaluates clinical and management technology in the medical group.
- Reviews and advises on the needs for clinical and management information and works in conjunction witappropriate leadership and the information services function to meet technology needs.
- Ensures that technology and work processes are aligned so maximum benefit is derived for physicians, leadership and staff.
- In accord with the overall financial planning process and guidelines of the medical group, ensures the preparation of budgets.
- Reviews periodic financial statements and reports, and makes changes in resource allocation, spending, and other relevant business activity, to ensure the financial viability and budget compliance of the medical group.
- Supports and adheres to the financial controls and related policies and procedures of the medical group,
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Master’s Degree: Business, Healthcare, Hospital Administration, or related field required
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible leadership in a related field required.
No Responsibility to treat or care for patients
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.