We Are Hiring
Social Worker - BH Addiction Svcs OP 004 - FT Days Monday to Friday. There will be evenings hours two to three days per week: 11:00 am to 7:30 pm. - Fulton County Addictions Svcs - Gloversville, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital -NY, you will have the opportunity to investigate, assess and plan interventions to help patients cope with social, emotional, economic and environmental problems.
- Interviews patients, assesses priorities and documents case activity.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Assists clients/families with obtaining community assistance by referral to proper resources.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community health, welfare and social agencies and seeks creative means to assist the client with his/her needs.
- Supports management of concurrent review, discharge planning processes, social services, home care and other post discharge needs.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Social Worker credentialed from the New York Board of Social Work.
Education & Work Experience:
- Master's in Social Work required.
- LCSW preferred.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.