We Are Hiring
Lab Assistant - General Lab - Full-Time (40hrs/wk), Afternoon/Evenings - St Elizabeth Hospital - Appleton, WI
**Work Schedule: Shift will be 12pm-8:30pm or 2:30pm-11pm with a weekend and holiday rotation.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to perform technical and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Specimen collection by venipuncture, capillary and arterial method.
- Strictly adhere to standards for patient identification, sample labeling, receiving and handling of specimens, processing and performance of waived laboratory testing.
- Confidently communicates with patients to explain procedures or provide specimen collection instructions.
- Maintains clean work areas, including but not limited to: specimen collection carts, counter workspaces, locations where supplies are stored or stocked.
- Complies with accreditation standards for record retention, documentation and operating procedures.
- Essential functions: Must be able to demonstrate discretion with confidential information, have strong communication skills - initiative - tact, service in a capacity for dependency and diplomacy as well as successfully establish rapport with all internal and external team members and clients.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Phlebotomy certification obtained from successful program completion.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bacehlor's degree in field of Laboratory Science, Biology, Chemistry or other Health/Human Sciences preferred.
- None required.
- Phlebotomy and specimen processing experience desired.
- Medical facility experience desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement