We Are Hiring
Recruitment Marketing Graphic Designer
Remote / Virtual
Why you might love this job:
- It is Remote. Our team sits across the country working from home, in coffee shops, or wherever your heart desires.
- It is rewarding. Ascension provides care for the poor and vulnerable, and our team connects people with jobs they love.
- Start Up Environment backed by a large company. Ascension has over 160,000 employees. This department is a team of around 35, and your direct working team is a group of 4 including a campaign manager, campaign specialist, and content strategist.
- Exposure to all areas of recruitment marketing. If you want to learn more about video, photo, multi-channel marketing campaigns – this job will provide that.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
- Design creative assets for media and national campaigns.
- Design new and update existing templates used for recruitment promotions.
- Serve as the recruitment subject matter expert for Brand Central.
- Become an expert in Ascension’s brand standards and work closely with marketing to ensure all assets align with brand standards.
- Contribute to and occasionally facilitate the creation of creative briefs for projects
- Collaborate closely with campaign manager, specialist, and content strategist on all projects.
- Create a design storage / organization solution for all creative assets
- Assist in proofreading materials and assets needed for the department.
- Create graphics / infographics to use on our career website.
What You Will Need
Work Experience and Education
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in graphic design is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to identify a strong photo and write a great headline
- Understanding and proficiency coding email (html)
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects at once
- Work within tight deadlines driven by media placements
- Proven knowledge of brand communication and digital marketing
- Exceptional eye for detail and knowledge of design trends
- Collaborative approach – we work very closely as a team
- Displayed proficiency in using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva or other creative tools.
- Experience creating a wide variety of marketing assets such as: billboard, direct mail, email, flyers, website graphics, display ads, etc.
- Openness to change / flexibility and ability to work in the gray. We are a small, but nimble team. Priorities can shift quickly. We are also a relatively new team and are still setting up processes and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)