We Are Hiring
Do you have experience in clinical standardization and implementation of quality initiatives? Apply today!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Program Director with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to direct assigned program(s) to meet business objectives.
- Directs program team to achieve goals.
- Works on developing and implementing clinical quality initiatives for service lines.
- Partners with other members of the Quality and Clinical Integration team to support different clinical and quality initiatives to improve patient outcomes and promote standardization of processes.
- Engages all stakeholders to reach the goals across disciplines and service lines; this includes clinical and operations leadership, system, market, and local level.
- Reviews and evaluates outcome and process metrics, and constructs plans for improvement.
- Leads working groups to achieve the clinical goals, from standardization of procedures to guidelines, and their integration
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Project Mgmt Professional.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Clinical background in nursing or related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A strong commitment to the mission of Catholic healthcare and a personal and professional presence to provide moral and spiritual leadership on behalf of Ascension; a values-driven leadership style which is guided in thinking, in acting, and stewardship by sensitivity to the mission values of Ascension Health.
A highly effective communicator who will make communications a top priority within the organization and will be a responsive, relational, interactive, and accountable leader who will recognize the importance of building consensus and providing leadership with credibility, influence, respect, and listening skills.
An appreciation of the challenges and the opportunities associated with being a change agent within the context of a multi-site and growing national health system.
Direct experience and subject matter expertise in Healthcare Quality especially the Service Line.
Possess not only excellent organization, oral and written communication skills, but the ability to persuasively communicate project proposals, plans and status to key stakeholders.
Ability to resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
Proficient in program development with strong leadership and teambuilding skills.
Ability to travel up to 25%.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)