We Are Hiring
Senior Business Systems Analyst - Clinical Data - Full-Time, Days - Offsite - Nashville, TN
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
- Builds and conducts testing plan to ensure clinically valid data is available to the business
- Performs mapping of clinical data to a normalized data model.
- Determines approaches to interoperability of clinical data, including mapping of clinical content to data standards to support use case requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert on clinical data quality and availability
- Builds data concepts to supports clinical use cases
- Serves as a key resource for an assigned customer area to understand and explain business and technical issues and to provide viable technology solutions.
- Act as a quality consultant and subject matter expert, performing testing and validation of the mapped of data elements to standards
- Tests clinical content to ensure the appropriate data modeling, vocabulary, terminology and code-set standard for representing and harmonizing clinical data
- Collaborates with technical resources to perform root cause analysis and complete remediation of data quality issues
- Works with customers to clarify and plan for their current and future technology needs. Determines and maps existing business processes/functions and recommends changes required to fit a tightly integrated system.
- Designs and implements projects requiring systems integration, small teams and multiple technical platforms.
- Conducts Return on Investment (ROI) and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization.
- Collaborates on driving improvement activities to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Provides subject-matter expertise of Health Ministry processes, policies and requirements in support of functional area process design, testing and implementation
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and makes recommendations that lead to improvements
- Monitors task assignments to ensure they are performed on schedule, within intended scope and to a defined level of quality.
- Coordinates with functional team to assure consistency and optimization of overall work product
- Escalates process and project issues that cannot be resolved
- Experience with healthcare/clinical terminologies and code-sets that comprise measure value sets including SNOMED CT™, LOINC, ICD9-10, CPT4/HCPCS, RxNorm, CVX and other code systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of relational databases/database structures, SQL experience desired
- Must have a strong understanding of data collected and used in electronic medical records, and experience navigating EMRs.
- Knowledge and experience with ambulatory and acute clinical workflows and clinical information systems.
- Experience with detailed policies and related data/exchange standards including the ONC Interoperability Advisory Standard, U.S. Core Data for Interoperability initiative, ONC Certification Rules
- Experience with using/implementing HL7 standards and processes including Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR)
- Bachelor or Masters degree in related health field, e.g. public health, nursing, epidemiology, informatics or bioinformatics.
- 5 years’ experience
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)