We Are Hiring
Surgical Assistant I (Union)
Full-Time Days - Work Schedule: Hours ranging from 0500 to 2030. Night, weekend and holiday call rotation
St. Francis - Milwaukee, WI
What You Will Do
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist program required Graduate of an accredited Surgical First Assistant certificate program preferred Five years of Surgical First Assistant/Tech experience accepted in lieu of education or Minimum of three years of experience.