We Are Hiring
Actuarial Analyst - Actuarial and Analytical - 400 West River Woods Parkeay - Glendale, WI
FT/Days: Beautiful executive office. Excellent Benefits and Culture. Exciting Opportunity in the Healthcare Field.
• A knack for working smarter, not harder.
• Excellent listening skills.
• A diligent approach to documentation.
• A commitment to continuous learning and development, and to remaining open constructive feedback.
• Respect for established processes and procedures while at the same time being flexible and adaptable.
• The instinct and emotional intelligence to ask the difficult questions.
• Mutual learning skills and a desire to look for ways to improve our services and/or processes.
• A proactive approach and the ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining high quality.
• Sound judgment and an unquestionable work ethic.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to analyze data for the development of reports and strategic recommendations.The Analyst - Actuarial provides support for data analysis, report development/production, model building for strategic recommendations, and dashboard creation/maintenance for KPI monitoring. Excellent opportunity for the right candidate. Don't miss this exciting opportunity! Apply TODAY!
- Writes code and runs programs to generate data files and data tables for analysis
- Performs analysis and synthesizes results using various data sources
- Creates and maintains actuarial models
- Establishes efficient reporting processes and workflows
- Monitors emerging experience and trends and provides support for recommending corrective actions
- Communicates actuarial results to a wide audience, including non-actuaries
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics
- General knowledge of business and finance
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis programs, and programming languages
- Oral and written communication skills when preparing reports and giving presentations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science or related field is preferred.
- Successful completion of 2 SOA exams is preferred.
- A previous actuarial internship is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)