We Are Hiring
Ascension Borgess Hospital - DeLano Behavioral Health is looking for a full time Licensed Master Social Worker to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Borgess Hospital
- As a member of Ascension Borgess Hospital, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Ascension Hospital, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424-bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline
- It is an important destination for business, education and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with up to 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. (Including U of M & MSU)
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Borgess Health, you will have the opportunity to working with a team of behavioral health specialist at our DeLano clinic in Allegan, MI. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a well established behavioral health team that is growing.
- Apply specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, behavioral and developmental disorders, conditions and addictions.
- Support of a psychiatrist onsite as well as the hospital's resources including the emergency department
- Flexible work hours and schedule
- This is a hospital employed position with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package
- Administers and interprets tests and measures of psychosocial functioning for the purpose of diagnosing mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities.
- Develops and implements appropriate assessment-based treatment plan.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Provides crisis-oriented psychotherapy as well as short-term and long-term psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic treatment.
- Completes documentation of patient therapy in a timely manner and in accordance with both Federal and State regulations.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Social Worker specializing in Clinical Practice credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Full Licensure as LMSW required
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1-2 years experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.