We Are Hiring
Maintenance Mechanic - Plant Operations
Full-Time,Evening (7% shift differential): 3p - 11:30p, Monday - Friday with rotating weekends & holidays
Ascension Genesys HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, the duties of the Maintenance Mechanic include inspecting, installing, maintaining and repairing equipment on a preventive maintenance schedule; repairing pumps, motors, pulleys, machinery, appliances, fixtures, fans, etc. in accordance with published manufacturers' literature; inspecting and testing power generators and fire dampers; soldering and welding, installing dry wall, ceilings, ceramic floor tiles, electrical switches and plugs; assuring that all equipment operates within established limits set by the manufacturer of the equipment.
- A. Working knowledge of procedures, techniques, materials and equipment used in the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and associated systems.
- B. Working knowledge of the hazards and accident prevention when working with mechanical equipment.
- C. Maintains the preventive maintenance program records.
- D. Ability to read prints, schematics, and wiring diagrams. Ability to follow directions.
- E. Executes preventative maintenance schedules for hospital environmental equipment.
- F. Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests mechanical equipment.
- G. Works with various filers.
- H. Lubricates and cleans equipment.
- I. Assists with the installation of electrical equipment, conduit, switches and wall plugs.
- J. Maintains equipment inventory descriptions and servicing schedules.
- K. Subject to emergency call and snow removal during off duty hours.
- L. Performs related duties and assists other trades with their work.
- M. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe facility.
- N. Installs, maintains and repairs all non-clinical equipment, machinery, appliances and fixtures.
- O. Solders, welds and brazes metal articles.
- P. Installs heat ducts and metal cupboards.
- Q. Installs and adjusts thermostatic and hydraulic controls.
- R. Cleans and changes filters on air conditioning units, vents and central air.
- S. Tests and repairs all fire dampers.
- T. Pours cement foundations and lays block.
- U. Installs dry wall, ceilings, ceramic and floor tiles.
- V. Performs as a member of the Fire Brigade and Disaster Team.
- W. Performs general plumbing and refrigeration duties as requested.
- X. Assists with instructing and directing trainees in practical experience in accordance with prescribed training schedule.
- Y. Delivers equipment throughout various areas in the Hospital including television sets and various other equipment as requested.
- Minimum Qualifications: A) Must be able to read, write and follow oral and/or written instructions; B) Must possess and demonstrate necessary discretion in dealing with confidential information,communication skills, initiative, tact, diplomacy and dependability to perform all duties of the position; C) Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all duties of the position; must be neat inpersonal appearance; D) Must have ability to establish and maintain rapport withemployees, supervisors and external contacts; E) Job Knowledge: Must be familiar with motors, drives, mechanical equipment of all types installed at the hospital; must be familiar with recognized safety procedures related to equipment repair
- Essential Functions: 1) Ability to read, write and speak English: 2) Must have normal vision or correctable vision; 3) Must be able to differentiate primary colors; 4) Must have normal finger dexterity; 5) Must have ability to work without use of mechanical assisting devices; 6) Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 80 pounds without use of mechanical assisting; 7) Must be able to climb and work from ladders; 8) Must have normal hearing or correctable hearing to recognize various alarms in use in facility, including but not limited to fire, steam pressure, medical gas, and medical air alarms; 9) Interpersonal skills: written, oral and telephone; 10) Must be able to manipulate tools, instruments, equipment and materials commonly used in Maintenance trades; 11) Must pass a Respirator Fit Test
- Working Conditions: 1) Occasional exposure to unpleasant working conditions, including: temperature extremes, excessivenoise and the like; 2) Occasional exposure to hazards of electrical shock, cuts, scrapes and the like; 3) Occasional exposure to chemical hazards, respiratory and skin irritants and the like
- Orientation Requirements: Medical Center New Hire and Departmental Orientation
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision; the most recently dated job description on file in Human Resources will be considered the official job description
What You Will Need Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required; vocational or technical school training beyond high school is preferred
- Hands-on experience with components of a mechanical environmental system and some electrical experience is preferred; must be familiar with motors, drives, mechanical equipment of all types installed at the hospital; must be familiar with recognized safety procedures related to equipment repair.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.