We Are Hiring
Maint Mech/Waste Water Oper - Maintenance 001 - PRN,Day - Ascension Brighton Center for Recover-34003 - Brighton,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide repairs throughout the hospital campus that would otherwise be completed by an outside contractor. Maintains tools and equipment as required and assures their safekeeping. Responsible for the maintenance of the Waster Water Plant according to the standards set forth by the State of Michigan.
- Maintain Waste Water Plant according to standards set by the State of Michigan.
- Service and operate soft water systems, i.e. clean, repair, refurbish softeners and related equipment.
- Monitor domestic water from well-head through water distribution systems.
- Report to Health Department concerning testing, well construction and maintenance.
- Perform hardness tests on processed water.
- Operate and maintain reverse osmosis operations for boiler make-up water.
- Operate and maintain fire tube boilers (scotch marine) perform all hydrological, chemical and PH testing.
- Order, distribute and handle chemicals as needed, i.e. Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide and Neutralizing amines.
- Responsible for tear down and inspection of pressurized vessels (boilers, steamers, etc.) and provide for boiler certification.
- Work with State and local authorities to obtain permits/licenses as needed for equipment.
- Perform minor building and equipment/facility repairs involving plumbing, carpentry, painting and electrical skills.
- Assist supervisor in a variety of maintenance tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities as assigned.
- Perform various grounds keeping tasks such as mowing, raking, weeding, trimming and snow removal as assigned.
- Clean, lubricate and store maintenance tools and equipment as required or assigned and assure their safekeeping.
- Complete work orders as assigned.
- Perform snow removal and salting of parking lots and walkways as directed by Supervisor.
- Complete Maintenance Worker duties as assigned.
- Participate in the peer review process as required.
- Instruct and/or orientates new departmental associates as assigned.
- Act courteously toward patients, visitors, co-workers and others.
- Respond to the needs of patients, co-workers and all other interested parties in a timely manner.
- Treat patients, visitors, co-workers and the public in a respectful manner at all times.
- Attend required in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Maintain a current level of knowledge regarding the field.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Comply with all infection control and safety policies/procedures.
- Comply with regulatory agencies.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and comprehend written material.
- Valid and unrestricted Michigan drivers license and satisfactory driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Physical ability, with or without accommodations, to balance, climb, crawl, crouch, finger, grasp, kneel, lift, pull, push, reach, complete repetitive movements, stand, stoop.
- Physical ability to lift weight in excess of 100 lbs.
- Sensory and communicative activities, with or without accommodation, to feel, hear, see, smell and speak.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- State of Michigan Domestic Water Works System licensed required. Certification in waterworks system operator classification S-5 required.
- Associate Degree
- Associates or 2 years of college with Biology, Chemistry or Hydrological studies preferred
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 6 years experience in general maintenance and a minimum of 5 years in a certified related field of maintenance required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)