We Are Hiring
MLS Medical Lab Scientist - General Lab Anc - Part-Time, Rotating - Ascension Via Christi Hospital - Pittsburg, KS
Varied evening/night shifts and rotating weekends
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi has a rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region, which dates back more than 125 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, our integrated health system – with hospitals, physician clinics, therapy centers and other health services – is the largest healthcare provider in Kansas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an MLS with Ascension Via Christi, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
- Perform, validate, interpret, document and report laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Execute and evaluate quality control and quality assurance procedures. Document and report as required by regulatory agencies.
- Understand and participate in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipate and maintain required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
- Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assist in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staffstatistics/reports.
- Assist in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Certification through the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB) or the American Board of Registry (AAB) will also be accepted.
- Bachelor's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)