We Are Hiring
At Saint Agnes, we know where our true value lies. It’s in our history, our culture and our people. You can feel the difference at Saint Agnes. It comes across in how we treat our patients and how we work with each other. It is in the commitment, passion and actions of every single associate who decides to make Saint Agnes home. Including, possibly, YOU!
Physician Assistant Ortho
More detail below!
•Saturday & Sunday for the OR: On-call from home 8am-8pm
•In addition, ortho house coverage will be needed for weekends and nights.
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare’s roots in Baltimore go all the way back to 1823. Our culture both then and now is based on a belief that ALL people deserve to be treated with dignity. For generations we have served the beautifully diverse community that is our home with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Today we offer a full range of services through our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation.
As part of Ascension we are part of a bigger ministry to deliver compassionate personalized care to all, especially those most in need. Ascension is one of the leading non-profit health systems in the United States. In fiscal year 2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
- Provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or military CPR-First Aid training. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Certified Physician Assistant specializing in Orthopedics credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Approved Delegation Agreement by the Maryland state BPQA through Maryland Dept of Mental Health and Hygiene. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program Master's degree
- 1 year of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.